Sunday, December 13, 2015

Utah trip

I recently received an NSF sub-award which allows me to travel to Utah several times over the next three years to work in a colleague's lab. I took my first trip in early December and will head out again today for another week. So far it has been a very fruitful collaboration!

Bye-bye Portland!

When I arrived in Salt Lake City it was close to 8 pm, which means pitch-black outside. So the drive to Provo was pretty unspectacular. So imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning and the mountains were RIGHT THERE!

My morning walk to campus was about 45 minutes or so. 
 

The week was very productive. We successfully trapped calcium 
and all even isotopes (as well as one odd!) of ytterbium



















And after a week, it was bye-bye Utah, and back to Portland. Glad to be home again :)


No comments:

Post a Comment