Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend 2016

It's been a good weekend to ease into everyday life more slowly.
First, an edit of our shark dive:

On Sunday the wind forecast looked actually pretty good, though not at the hatchery, only further up towards the desert, at Doug's Beach and even more so at Maryhill, which is where I decided to go:

The water wasn't quite as cold as feared and the wind was better than expected (a 4.0 sail was a good size for most of the time) - early start into the season! I am not quite in the shape I wish I would be in, so an hour on the water was all I could take - still, good times...

Monday morning we decided on a little walk through the woods in Portland's Forest Park:
Turns out there were also a 50k and a half marathon setup there today, so it wasn't quite as serene as we expected, but still a very pleasant hike.




No comments:

Post a Comment