Friday, October 14, 2022

Trip to Germany

 It's been quite a while since I had been on a plane - Photonics West in San Francisco in February of 2020 to be exact, and even longer since I had travelled internationally (Seoul in April and Munich in June of 2019). But, after two and a half years worth of pandemic misery and travel restrictions, it looked like case counts were low enough on both sides of the Atlantic to restart - occasional - travel. MKS had acquired Atotech in the summer and it was time to meet my new colleagues in Berlin in 3D.

After a pit-stop on the way in to Gruenstadt to visit my parents - and enjoy some lovely roulades - it was off to Berlin via ICE train, carrying some freshly harvested figs for my sister.

Berlin was a whirlwind tour of talks, discussions, and lab tours, while enjoying my sister's family's generous hospitality in the early mornings and late (sometimes very late) evenings. On Friday evening we even squeezed in a visit to the Brandenburger Tor during the 'festival of lights' as well as some awesome Dosas, before heading back home: again via ICE train to Mannheim, a lovely dinner with my parents and an early flight back to Portland via Vancouver, BC. It's been a full week!




No comments:

Post a Comment