Friday, March 29, 2019

More catching up..

More catching up... with a post I've been dreading to write because it is still quite painful. On February 12th we lost Abby. She had been sick for a few months (either IBD or small cell lymphoma), but had responded very well to her treatment (which also included shots of B12 that I learned to administer without fainting!). About a week before she died we noticed that she lost her appetite again and slept a lot. I brought her to the vet just two days before she passed away to have her checked out again. 

When I got home on the 12th she was nowhere to be found at first. I finally found her hiding under our couch. She had trouble breathing and was in pain. When she saw or smelled me she came toward me. I picked her up, wrapped her in a blanket, and drove her to the pet ER. She died just a few minutes into the drive next to me in the car. At least she wasn't alone...

Here are a few of the first photos we took of her in 2007. She was so young!



Getting to know (and like!) first George and then Pepper:




She always found the best places to sit



And was the perfect snuggle buddy.





Love you, Little One. You were our first, and you were so much more.
Last photo of Abby, taken 02/11/2019.





No comments:

Post a Comment