Saturday, November 24, 2012

Ouch!

In mid November Pepper stepped into a wasp! I had no idea at that time, of course. All I saw (and heard!) was a very loud yelp and Pepper standing on three legs and refusing to put any weight on the right front paw. He was off leash on some grass when it happened (I was about to throw the ball and he was excited to chase it). So I didn't really see what happened. I checked the paw, didn't see anything. But he was clearly in pain (and this is a dog that can usually take quite a bit of pain). 
I tried to get him back to my office, but at some point he refused to walk and just lay down on the ground. His paw was swollen to about twice its normal size. Poor doggie! 

After about an hour or so he was walking pretty much normal again, and after a good 5-6 hours the swelling was also gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment