Monday, September 26, 2011

Catching up

It has been a while since my last post, so here's what happened:

Classes have started again. Not that I care this semester - I am on junior research leave, which means no teaching until January. It felt very weird for the first week or so, seeing my colleagues prepare and go to classes while I didn't. It's kinda nice, though, as I am finally able to spend some quality time in the lab without having to worry about meetings (well, at least ideally. I already have too many commitments during the week again. Grrrr.). And on the 13th I learned that my NSF grant had been funded, which is perfect timing. Now I can really use this semester to get things off to a good start. Hurray! That also means that I've spent most of the last days working carefully through the design and starting to order equipment. But once that's done, it's back to the lab. 
In the mean time, Pepper is enjoying Daisy's company again:


Earlier this month, Jan spent a week in France (work related, not for fun!). So I had the house to myself (and the beasts of course). So what did do that week? Well, at least Abby and George did what they do best: looking cute and keeping me warm at night.



Pepper had some exciting times near the dog park. One day when walking through the woods next to the dog park, we ran across this electric fence. Turns out, they had brought in goats to get rid of the excessive shrubs and weeds in the woods. What a great idea! Pepper thought they were super-interesting (even I could tell that they smelled... well... interesting is probably the best word ;)).


No comments:

Post a Comment